Monday, September 6, 2010

God's Presence

God was present at High Praises!

"Pray to be filled with the Holy Spirit" is what Chris said to us. We went to the alter as a church. Then he asked "who hasn't been filled with the Holy Spirit"? I raised my hand. He said "start to pray". I started to pray for the Holy Spirit to fill me. I wanted to be filled for several reasons, 1) to acquire a prayer language, 2) to be able to be used of God for Him to speak through me in tongues, and 3) to be used of God to bring my current friends, future friends, and family to Christ.

With eyes closed, hands raised, and a sincere heart I prayed to be filled with the Holy Spirit! Someone grabbed one hand and started praying, someone grabbed my face and started praying, and someone had a hand on my shoulder praying. I started crying uncontrollably, my hands started shaking, and my legs got weak! I wish I could tell you that I started praying with a prayer language. I wish  I could tell you that He spoke through me in another language. None of that happened. What did happen was I felt the heaviness of the Holy Spirit on me so much that I couldn't hold myself up. I ended up on my back, on the floor, praying, and worshiping!

I have never felt what I felt and am a little scared of it, but at the same time amazed that something like that can happen! The last words I heard in my ears from the lady that had my face in her hands was "let it all go".

Christ has taken me, a girl raised in a fundamental Baptist church, to the floor in a mighty way! Thank you Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment