Thursday, September 9, 2010

A Woman's Heart: Introduction

Well, I have started going to my first ever woman's bible study with ladies from my church. I just have to say that I feel like this is going to be an adventure!

This is Beth Moore's "A Woman's Heart: God's dwelling place". I've never done a bible study let alone a Beth Moore bible study. I have read some of her books and am looking forward to seeing what she brings into a study.

We are making a sanctuary for God to dwell in!  The tabernacle, our heart's!

Exodus 25:8-9, And let them make Me a sanctuary, that I may dwell among them. According to all that I show you, that is, the pattern of the tabernacle and the pattern of all its furnishings, just so you shall make it.

Exodus 25:40, And see to it that you make them according to the pattern which was shown you on the mountain.

The phrase 'the pattern shown you on the mountain' "means literally 'which you are caused to see'.

At the end of the introduction we were asked to pray that God would open our minds so we could understand the scriptures (Luke 24:45). And also that He would cause our eyes to see!

Pray that this bible study touches not only my life but all the ladies lives that are involved in this journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment